Since starting social distancing I’ve been up to a lot of cool stuff! Hopefully these ideas will help you too.
While I am usually at a day job, right now I can take advantage of all the online classes and webinars being offered by companies such as Gravy for the Brain and Edge Studio!
- I’m a member of Gravy for the Brain Canada and they have a full calendar of classes you can take on a number of topics related to voiceover. I’m definitely taking advantage!
- Edge Studio had an “Ask Me Anything” zoom call last week with their founder David Goldberg and they’re doing another one this week. (It’s free). This is from their instagram page: edgestudiovo
Okay #socialdistancers!! Let’s stay CONNECTED and BE TOGETHER!! Our second pandemic #AMA session, FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, is on Thursday, April 9th, 2020, from 1:00-2:00 PM EDT! #edgestudiovo Please bookmark and join us at THIS LINK RIGHT HERE: https://zoom.us/j/238786885
- I applied to a company that does ADR (automated dialogue replacement) and voice dubbing.
- I applied to another company that produces short news articles and they use professional voiceovers for their pieces.
- I’m hosting a virtual social meetup this Wednesday evening for voice actors in my city. We had one in person in March right before we all got told to stay inside and social distance. It’s nice to meet other people who are doing the same thing as me and who can share experiences and ideas.
- I’m auditioning like crazy. With the slightly warmer weather I can turn the furnace off when I’m recording. The only sounds that interrupt my recordings are from the local buses that come by every 15 minutes 🙂